Lead Docket sub statuses can now be mapped directly to Filevine phases, meaning that changing a phase in Filevine can trigger a sub status change in Lead Docket. Users can send out templated emails and text messages from Lead Docket based on a Filevine phase change. Additionally, users can send settlement information from Filevine to Lead Docket with only a Filevine phase change.
This article will go over how to set up mapping between Lead Docket statuses and Filevine phases and show how a phase change can send out templates message or send settlement information.
Set Up Mapping
Filevine phases can be mapped to Lead Docket sub statuses within the larger Lead Docket “Signed Up” status. To set up phases, follow the steps below. Filevine Phase mapping can also be set up during the implementation process. If your firm is being implemented, ask about mapping phase changes.
- Go to manage statuses in Lead Docket. In Lead Docket, select “Manage” from the lefthand menu and then “Settings” from the dropdown. Under the “Account Settings” tab, click on the blue “Manage Statuses” button.
- Add Substatuses. Scroll down to the “Signed Up” section and click on the “Add Substatus” button.
- Add all substatuses. In the module, fill out the title of the first Filevine phase and hit “Save.” Repeat this for each of your Filevine phases.
- Add phase mapping. Once all substatuses have been added, select “Pending Filevine” from the lefthand menu. Click the “Filevine Mapping” and then “Add Phase Mapping.”
- Match phases and substatuses. In the “Add Phase Mapping” module, add the Filevine phase, the Lead Docket “Signed Up” status, and the matching Lead Docket substatus. Repeat this step for each of the Filevine phases.
The “Closed” substatus will allow for additional options. Learn more about sending settlement information.
Once you have completed matching the phases to Lead Docket substatuses, you are ready to add the subscription through the Filevine’s API portal.
Connecting through API
The last step to setting up phase mapping is to add the “PhaseChange” subscription in Filevine’s API portal.
- Make sure you have API portal access. Before beginning, ensure that you are able to get into the API portal and have it setup.
- Copy endpoint link. Once you finish adding phase mapping in Lead Docket, you will see a generated endpoint at the top of that section with the instructions “Point the subscription to this endpoint.” Copy the endpoint.
- Select Subscriptions > Create New. In the API portal, select “Subscriptions” from the lefthand menu and then click on the “Create New Subscription” button.
- Enter information. Select the correct API key and paste the endpoint you copied in step 2 in the “Endpoint” field.
- Subscribe to “PhaseChanged.” Scroll down and select “Project.” Check the box next to “Phasechanged” and save.
- View subscriptions. Now when you select “Subscriptions” you should see the subscription “Notify Lead Docket of Phase Change” in the subscription list.
Once phase mapping setup has been completed, any templates created and connected with those sub-statuses in Lead Docket will be sent out automatically when the phase is changed in Filevine.
For example, if you had an email template associated with Signed Up/Treatment status in Lead Docket, since this status is now tied with the “Treatment” phase in Filevine, changing a project phase in Filevine to “Treatment” will automatically send out the templated email. Changing the Filevine phase to “Treatment” will send a message to the client and a note with the message content into the Filevine project’s activity feed.
Sending Settlement Data
If the status “Closed” is selected when mapping phases and substatuses, the module will expand to include fields to map settlement data from Filevine to Lead Docket. To send settlement data from Filevine to Lead Docket upon the closing of a case, fill out the selector fields with your Filevine custom selectors for those respective fields: settlement, fee, settlement date, and settlement note. (Filevine custom selectors can be viewed in the “Sections” section of the Customs Editor.) Make sure to save.
When these fields are filled and the phase is mapped to Lead Docket, a case settlement will be created directly in Lead Docket when the status is changed to “Closed.”