This article gives an overview of the information needed to begin the integration process. Below is what you will need to provide in order to successfully set up an integration with Lead Docket.
- Lead Docket accepts data via an Endpoint URL(API key/secret are not needed).
- An integration with Lead Docket is only able to create leads and cannot update leads.
- Leads will be posted in real-time (as soon as Lead Docket receives the data).
The nature of the information we request and supply (i.e.large amounts of copied text) is more easily communicated via email. Email-based communication also allows us to reference previous emails for troubleshooting.
Be sure to CC the third-party contact in your emails or provide us the email address of this contact. Providing this information allows us to communicate with them directly, which will expedite the integration process greatly.
What We Need
- What is the name of the integration? (i.e. the name of the company providing data. This will show up as the “Opportunity Source” in a lead)
- What type of source will be pushing data into Lead Docket? (i.e. Answering Service, Lead Generation service, web chat, fillable web form, etc.)
- Which existing Lead Docket fields should be listed in this integration to accept data?
- Please let us know if you’d like to have any of these fields auto-filled (these will not accept data).
- If a field does not exist in Lead Docket currently, add it through the Custom Fields section.
- If you’d like each lead from this integration to be posted with auto-filled Marketing and/or Contact Source data, which source(s)should be set to auto-fill?
Finalizing the Integration
Once the integration has been created, you must provide the third-party with the Endpoint URL for the integration. The third-party will then need to complete their side of the integration.
You can find the EndPoint URL by selecing Manage > Integrations and then finding the integration in the list. Clicking that integrations Definitions.The Endpoint URL is listed at the top of the definitions page.
The third-party should then post data to Lead Docket via the endpoint URL. The third-party should post once more so you can verify everything looks correct.