The Lead Docket Calendly integration allows for more seamless lead scheduling. Once the integration is set up, users can schedule Calendly meetings with leads from within Lead Docket, and incorporate Calendly scheduling links into message templates.
Note: To use this integration, your Calendly subscription must be Professional or higher. Basic (free) and Essentials accounts do not have the required Webhook feature that this integration requires.
Set Up Integration
Follow these steps to integrate your Lead Docket organization with Calendly:
- Generate a Calendly access token. In Calendly, click Integrations at the top of the page. Beneath All integrations, click API and webhooks. Note: The user generating the token must be in the Admin or Owner role in the Calendly account.
If you have not yet generated any personal access tokens within Calendly, click Get a token now below Personal access tokens to generate.
If you have previously generated a personal access token, click Generate New Token.
Enter the desired token name, and then click Create token.
- Copy the desired Calendly meeting link. To set up the integration, you can either use the URL for your own one-on-one meeting, or a routing form URL. The former will direct leads to your booking page, while the latter will direct leads to a specific booking page based on the information they provide on the routing form.
Your own one-on-one meeting can be located and customized in the Event Types tab of Calendly’s home page. Click Copy link to copy the meeting link to your clipboard.
Routing forms can be located and customized in the Routing Forms tab of Calendly’s home page. Besides the desired form, click Share to copy the form’s link to your clipboard.
- Navigate to the integration setup in Lead Docket. In Lead Docket’s left side menu, click Manage and select Settings from the dropdown. At the top of the Settings section, click the Integrations tab. At the bottom of the Integrations tab, click Calendly, and then click Connect Calendly.
- Fill out the integration form. In the Calendly Access Token field, paste the Calendly access token that you previously generated within Calendly. Click the Calendly Role to Schedule dropdown and choose which Lead Docket role you’d like to schedule to meet with leads. In the Default Scheduling URL field, paste the Calendly meeting link you previously copied.
- Save the integration. When finished, click Save to create the integration.
Using the Integration
Once set up, the Calendly integration can be used within leads and message templates.
To schedule a lead via Calendly, navigate to and open the desired lead. In the Case Details section of the Incident tab, click Open Calendly.
You are then taken to Calendly, where you can schedule a meeting with the lead.
Calendly scheduling links can be added to message templates, allowing leads to schedule meetings on their own time.
To add a Calendly scheduling link to a message template, open the desired template or create a new template. In the Description section of the template, click the Field to insert dropdown and select “Calendly Scheduling Link.” Then, click Insert into message template.
Note: If you wish to add a Calendly scheduling link to a text message template, it is recommended to create a separate text message template with the Calendly link in addition to the original template, with the same creation rules and triggers. This will prevent the text message from surpassing the maximum number of characters. Learn more about creating message templates.
Once a lead receives the message, they can click the scheduling link to set up a meeting.