There are many different ways for Opportunities to come into Lead Docket. Some common opportunity sources include Web Chats, Web Forms, and After Hours Call Services.
This guide will explain how to set up these integrations.
Any information gathered from a third-party source may be attached to the contact of the person providing their information (the opportunity). This information can be entered in the case summary field, notes field, or in any specific default field or custom field.
Set Up the Integration
- Go to Manage > Integrations in Lead Docket
- Click the Add New button in the top right and select the type of integration from the drop-down list
- Name the Integration you are adding by typing an Opportunity Name
- Click the Save button.
- Find your newly generated Integration from the list of Integrations. Click the Edit button next to it
- Make sure the Integration is Enabled and "Yes" is selected under Add debug information to notes
Add Form Fields
Scroll down to the Form Fields section. This section is where you add all fields the third-party service will be collecting.
For example: If your website form has the following fields, you would add those fields.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Mobile Phone
- Case Summary
Click on Add Form Field in the section, and select what Field Type you want the information to map to. This selected Lead Docket field will be filled in with the information entered in the form.
Under Accept Data, select whether or not you want the information collected by the third-party service to be entered or if you want a preset value entered.
- If Accept Data is Yes
- Enter the Field Name (Use underscore instead of space) First Name = "First_Name"
- Is required? - select whether or not this field is a required field
- Directions (optional) - Enter directions for completing the field
- DisplayOrder - What order the field is, compared to the other fields
Note: You should set Default Values for things such as Contact Source and Marketing Source and sometimes Case Type if the form is specific for a practice area.
- If Accept Data is No - Use a preset value
- Type the default value under Default Value
Once all Form Fields are set up, click the Save button
You may find the endpoint for the integration by right-clicking Definitions and copying the link address. Then, you can send the link to the third party service.
LD Mapping using Opp created via Integration
The quickest way to map incoming* fields to existing* Lead Docket fields is to send data into the endpoint (created from the integration), which will create an Opportunity, and use the exact incoming field names shown in the Notes of the Opportunity.
Below is an example of received data to the endpoint, displayed in Notes of Opp:
----All posted information----
SentBy : json
CallTime : 3/11/2023 9:10:48 AM
DateOfIncident : 3/10/2023
FullName : STEVE MCQUEEN
FirstName : STEVE
LastName : MCQUEEN
CalledFromNum : 801-888-8888
PrimaryPhoneNum : 801-888-8888
PrimaryPhoneNumType : Cell
IncidentState : UT
IncidentCity : SALT LAKE CITY
IncidentZip : 84106
City : SALT LAKE CITY
State : UT
Zip : 84105
Sex : M
Email : BULLITT@EMAIL.COM
Language : English
Case_Type : Auto Accident
Date_of_Acc : 4/23/2023
Already_hired_atty : No
Driver_or-passenger : Driver
Number_of_passengers : 1
The list of data above is an example of fields that were sent to an integration endpoint. If the integration has the option Add debug information to notes = YES enabled, all fields sent to Lead Docket will be displayed exactly as they were sent. This option allows you to map these incoming fields directly to existing fields in Lead Docket.
- Navigate to the field list of the integration in Lead Docket and select Add Form Field:
- Copy the exact field name from the Notes of the Opportunity, making sure to include any leading or trailing spaces (if applicable) and underscores, dashes, etc. For Field Type, select the Lead Docket field you are mapping to. For Field name, paste the field you copied. Save the changes.
- Repeat this process for each incoming field you would like to map to an existing LD field.
- If a field does not exist in LD to map, you can create a custom field.
- When an integration is first created, there will be default fields already added. Feel free to adjust the mapping of these fields as needed to make sure the incoming field names are correct.