Statuses can be managed in the Settings section. Go to Manage > Settings in the left-hand navigation menu. In the top right corner, click Other Options and select Statuses from the dropdown.
In Manage Statuses, you can add, edit, or delete substatuses of the original 11 lead statuses. Learn more about statuses and substatuses.
Adding a Substatus
To add a substatus to a lead status, click the Add Substatus button in the top right corner of the lead status you wish to add it to.
From here, create a Substatus Title and a Status Script. The Status Script is used to prompt your Intake personnel to say something specific when that status is chosen. It is optional.
An associated flag is used when you would like to tie a specific function to your created substatus.
Here is a list of the functions of all associated flags:
- Chase / Final Attempt - Stops further chase attempts and prompts you to change the status of a lead to Lost before saving.
- Chase / First Attempt - Indicates the first or initial attempt for a status.
- Referred / Declined - Indicates that the referral firm declined the lead.
- Referred / No Follow-up - Opts out of following up with the referral firm.
- Referred / Pending Review - Indicates that your organization wants to know if the referral firm is interested in the lead. By default, there are task and message templates to follow up with the referral firm.
- Referred / Settled / Closed - Indicates that the referral firm has completed work on the lead’s case. By default, the assigned intake user is tasked with entering the settlement amount.
- Referred / Show to Referral Partners - Displays the substatus on a referral partner’s Referral Dashboard.
- Referred / Signed Up - Indicates that the referral firm signed up the lead and is working on the case. By default, there are task and message templates to follow up with the referral firm on the status of the case.
- Referred / Reviewing - Indicates that the referral firm is reviewing the lead to determine if they want to sign up or decline the lead. By default, there are task and message templates to follow up with the referral firm.
To add a script to a lead status, click the Edit button in the top right corner of the lead status.
Note: You can NOT delete a substatus if you have a lead currently in that substatus.
To change all leads in that substatus to a different substatus, click the number under Associate Leads.
From here, you will be prompted to select a new substatus. Click the Save button at the bottom to transfer all leads to a different substatus.