Every firm needs at least one Lead Docket number to use to have two-way conversations with leads via SMS Text. However, Lead Docket phone numbers could also be used for source tracking or for leads to contact your firm initially via text.
Add a Lead Docket Phone Number
- Go to Manage > Phone Numbers in the left side menu of Lead Docket.
- Click the blue Add Phone Number button at the top right.
- Under Search Type, select to search for a specific local number or use a toll-free number.
- In the Search Text input, enter the appropriate criteria, based on your selection from Step 3.
Example: If you selected "Local number in a specific area code," enter the desired area code you would like to filter numbers by.
- Browse the list of numbers and find the one you would like to use. Click the Select Number button next to the number you choose.
- Complete the following fields for the newly-added phone number:
- Name: the name for this number (internal use)
- Ring to Number: the phone number you would like this number to ring to when called (typically your office number)
- Marketing Source (Optional): If the number is used for source tracking, you may pre-select a Marketing Source when leads are added to Lead Docket that called this tracking number.
- Contact Source (Optional): If the number is used for source tracking, you may pre-select a Contact Source when leads are added to Lead Docket that called this tracking number.
- Case Type (Optional): If the number is used for source tracking, you may pre-select a Case Type when leads are added to Lead Docket that called this tracking number
- Office (Optional): You may associate this number with a specific office. This is useful if your firm has offices in multiple states and you would like to have multiple texting numbers with the respective area codes of your office locations.
- Enable Area Code Match: If “Yes” is selected, you will then be able to add area codes that the phone number will “match” to. When you text or call a client from a Lead, Lead Docket will use the number that has the client’s area code set as a match.
- Enable Text Message Opportunities: If “Yes” is selected, text messaging with be enabled.
- Notes (Optional): other information about this number (internal use)
- Enabled: If "Yes" is selected, the number is active. If "No" is selected, the number will be deactivated and there will be no charges associated with this number.
- Click Save. This number will now appear under “Phone Numbers.” Edit the number by selecting the blue “Edit” button next to it.