Step 1 - Click Manage > Message Templates in the left-hand navigation menu.
Step 2 - Click the Add New button in the top right.
Step 3 - Fill out the Description section of the Message Template:
- Title: The name of the Message Template
- Message Type: Email or Text Message
- Enabled: Yes/No, if you want the Message Template to be active in your system
- Subject Template (Email Only): The subject of the Email message
- Message Template: The body of the message, with Input Fields for automatic data entry
- Field to Insert: A list of various Input Fields you may put into your Message Template or Subject Template (Email)
Step 4 - Fill out the Creation Rules section of the Message Template:
- Associated Lead Status: The Lead Status you want the message to be associated with
- Case Type: The Case Type or practice area you want the message to be associated with
- Severity Level is at Least: The Severity Level you want the message to be associated with
- Office: Select "All offices" or a specific office associated with this message
- Language Spoken: The language you want the input fields and message to be in (English or Spanish)
Step 5 - Select the Triggers for the Message Template.
Note: Multiple Triggers may be selected by holding CTRL + Click.
- Create Trigger: These triggers cause the message to be created and put in the queue to be sent (See Step 6 for when specific messages are sent).
- Lead Created: Message is created when the lead is created
- Status Changed: Message is created when the lead status is changed for a lead. When a lead is created, that is NOT considered a status changed
- Sub-status Changed: Message is created when the lead sub-status is changed for a lead
- Status Saved: Message is created when the lead status is saved
- Delete Unsent Messages Trigger: Cause the unsent message to be removed from the queue if the following occur:
- Status Changed: Deletes unsent message if the lead status is changed
- Substatus Changed: Deletes unsent message if the lead sub-status is changed
- Status Saved: Deletes unsent message if the lead status is saved. This is useful for the Scheduled status when the appointment date or time changes. The status doesn't change, but there has to be a new message for the new Scheduled appointment
Step 6 - Complete the message Sending information:
- Send From: Who the message will be sent from (Role or User)
- Select Role/User: Select the specific Role or User the message is coming from
- Send Courtesy Copy to Sender: Yes/No, if you want a copy of the message to be sent to the sender
- When: When the message will be sent (Now or at a future time)
- When Condition Value: If a future time is selected, you must specify the time here
- Review Message Before Sending: Yes/No, if you want to review the message before it's sent. A task will be sent to approve the delivery before sending.
Step 7 - Click the Save button to save the template.