Admins and users with import permissions can import the following items into their Lead Docket organization:
To navigate to the Imports section, click Manage in the left side menu and select Import from the dropdown.
In the New Import tab of the Imports section, follow these steps to create a new import:
- Select an import type. Click the Select Import Type dropdown and select the desired import type.
- Optionally, download an import template or view the import map. Click Download Template to download an import template, which you can then edit and upload in the next step. Click View Map to view all fields available for import.
- Upload a file. Click Choose File to upload the file containing the data you’d like to import.
- Choose whether you want to test the import. Click the Test Mode checkbox to create the import as a test. The data in a test import will not be added to your organization, but you will be able to view the import’s details in the History tab of the Imports section once created, and check to see if any of the data failed to import.
- Create the import. When you’ve finished making all selections, click Import to upload your data.
You can view the details of your new import using the steps in the following section.
View Import History
To view past contacts, leads, and notes imports, click the History tab at the top of the Imports section.
Note: Past expenses, settlements, and referrals imports do not appear in the History tab, and cannot be deleted in this section. Any items from these imports must be manually deleted one-by-one.
This tab contains a list of all past imports, along with the following information for each:
- date created
- import file
- import type
- whether the import was a test
- import status
- number of successfully imported items
Click the date that an import was created to view its results.
The import results page lists all items in the import. The Status column shows whether each item successfully imported, or failed to import. If an item fails to import, the Errors column will display the reasons for the failure. At the top right of the list, click the Filter dropdown to filter the list by completed or failed items, and click Download Failed to download a CSV file containing all failed items.
At the top right of the page, click Delete to delete the import and all of its data. Lead Docket will ask you to confirm this action before proceeding. Deleting an import is permanent and irreversible, so proceed with caution.